Re: Announce ldirectord version 1.13

To: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Announce ldirectord version 1.13
Cc: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 08:58:54 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Horms wrote:

> As a caveat you should really make sure that your ipchains statments
> catch all traffic for the given addresses including ICMP traffic so
> ICMP traffic is handled correctly by LVS.

        IIRC, this is already not a requirement in the last LVS
versions. If we look in skb->fwmark for ICMP packets it is
impossible to use normal and fwmark virtual services to same VIP
because we can't create such ipchains rules. The good is that
in 2.4 (0.0.3) the virtual service lookup (the fwmark field)
is used only for the new connections. In 2.2 the service is looked
up even for existing entries but we don't want to break the MASQ
code entirely :)

> --
> Horms

Regards