Re: Redhat HA Download?

To: Keith Barrett <kbarrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Redhat HA Download?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, piranha-list@xxxxxxxxxx
From: "Ed Crotty" <ecrotty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:01:39 -0400
i myself did this last night...

i just took a fresh redhat 6.2 install and rpm -q --all | grep piranha &
rpm -q --all | grep ipvsadm and did a corresponding rpm --erase the
above rpm names..

then popped on the ipvsadm and piranha from kbarrett's ftp and all is
well!

i also upgraded to a more recent kernel (2.2.16) but didnt add the
newest ipvs.. i think the kernel still has 0.9.7 (rpms for 2.2.16) but
things seem to be working well (ipvsadm shoots out its current load /
table info much faster)...

so.. its not too bad (very painless actually) if you dont upgrade the
ipvs.. albeit, i dont know if im hurting myself by not upgrading that at
the moment :)

-ed