Re: [Q]Send certain packet to *ALL* real server

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Q]Send certain packet to *ALL* real server
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Gary E. Miller" <gem@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:39:44 -0700 (PDT)
Yo Joseph!!

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Joseph Mack wrote:

> I don't know how NOTIFY works. How does a primary machine NOTIFY
> secondaries? From what I know from setting them up, the primaries don't
> push, they respond to requests.

RFC 1996, Aug 1996.  When the zone file is changed on the zone
master DNS server, the master sends a message to the slaves that
they need to get a new zone.

This is important for impatient people that want to make DNS changes
and not have to wait for the zone to expore on the slave before
the update propogates.  It sure beats the old way of restarting
all the slaves to force zone updates.

RGDS
GARY

Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Ave, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
        gem@xxxxxxxxxx  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676