Re: BONUS: FWMARK lets you do persistence by port groups

To: Ted Pavlic <tpavlic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: BONUS: FWMARK lets you do persistence by port groups
Cc: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 20:05:32 +0200
Ted Pavlic wrote:

> Not only have you now setup persistence by port groups, but you've also
> split your services back up into autonomous services that will not bring
> EVERY server down for the sake of persistence. If FTP goes down on real1,
> real1 only needs to be stopped scheduling for FTP.
>
> What do you think? I've got this setup on my LVSs and it seems to be working
> pretty darn well.

Hi Ted,

This is exactly what we should provide in a written docu. I mean
this is nothing special if you're familiar with ipchains and if
you have good ideas on how to peruse all the possibilities of it.
I've also posted some ideas I had for 'next generation'
loadbalancing setup with fwmarks and I think we should provide
some written examples for those who are not extremely familiar
with the possibilities of ipchains and fwmarking. What do you
think about?

regards,
Roberto Nibali

--