Re: Modify IPVS code

To: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Modify IPVS code
Cc: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 14:13:18 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi!

> I assume what you're trying to do is to put an LVS director in
> front of several local squids.

Not exactly. The squids are not local, I have to use tunnelling.
This should run on the french university net (fiber) where each
university has one proxy cache. The scheduling won't be "Round
Robin", but a hashing function which chooses the proxy by hashing
the IP-adress (I'll have to implement that, too).
And, it seems to be a great disadvantage to loose performance,
since it's a national project...

> both the fwmark type of setup (by Horms) and policy routing (by Julian)
> will do the same thing.

Can you write a little more about this? I don't understand what
you mean.

Thomas