Failover(?) using VS-NAT?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Failover(?) using VS-NAT?
From: Dayton Turner <turnerd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:55:19 -0700
Hi There, I've just set up a 2machine load balanced webserver using
VS-NAT, everything works great, I only have one concern. I decided to
see what would happen if i unplugged the lan cable from machine 2, and
sent a request to the director. Sure enough, it just sat there waiting
for a connection. Just like I hoped. Now, I'll remove the ipvsadm entry
for that machine, hoping the request will fall over onto machine 1. Such
things do not happen. I figured this was important in the real world if
a machine went down before the monitoring program found out, and someone
had requested a page before the machine was pulled from the pool. Anyone
know a way to make dead existing connections fall over to a working
webserver?

Thanks
Dayton

--