I thought I had it done, but the LVS backup node will not overtake!

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: I thought I had it done, but the LVS backup node will not overtake!
From: thomas.hoelsken@xxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:09:09 +0100

Hi everyone,

the last question wasn't the last, sorry ;-) !

I have the problem, that my LVS backup node will not work, if the primary is
getting lost. If I'm starting the pulse deamon on the backup node it starts up
fine...

----(message log)
Oct 18 14:10:04 clu-lnx-02 pulse[1573]: We are backup node and backup is marked
inactive -- exiting pulse
Okt 18 14:10:04 clu-lnx-02 pulse: pulse startup succeeded
----(message log)

[root@clu-lnx-02 /root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/pulse status
pulse dead but subsys locked

[root@clu-lnx-02 /root]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/pulse stop
Shutting down pulse:                                       [FAILED]

...but the pulse status seems not looking good!? Is it correct, that the pulse
status says it's 'dead'?

Here is my lvs.cf:
--------------------------------------
#