Re: Load balancing when Real Servers are behind WAN?

To: Johan Ronkainen <jr@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Load balancing when Real Servers are behind WAN?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:16:36 -0400
Johan Ronkainen wro

The information I have is that the VS-DR LVS isn't working,
that Win2k drops packets on the loopback interface for the VIP
and the VPN between the director and the Win2k
real-servers appears to deliver the packets as expected.

If this the situation then

1. check that the Win2k machine is having problems by directly connecting
it to the director (no IPSEC, just ipv4)

2. put the VIP onto another NIC on the Win2k machine (see the HOWTO for this).
This works for linux boxes, but hasn't been tested on Win2k

Joe