Re: Problems with FOS

To: John Cronin <jsc3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problems with FOS
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Teh Yong Wei" <ywteh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:13:07 +0800
I have another problem. Now, I have get something clear that. I just
want to reconfirm again. (Pls correct me if I am wrong)

Here is my lvs.cf
===============
primary = 10.0.0.41
service = lvs
rsh_command = rsh
backup_active = 1
backup = 10.0.0.42
heartbeat = 1
heartbeat_port = 539
keepalive = 6
deadtime = 18
network = nat
nat_router = 10.0.1.254 eth1:0
virtual gretel {
     active = 1
     address = 10.0.0.38 eth0:0
     port = 80
     load_monitor = uptime
     scheduler = wrr
     protocol = tcp
     server gretel4 {
         address = 10.0.1.4
         active = 1
     }
     server gretel3 {
         address = 10.0.1.3
         active = 1
         weight = 2
     }
}

===============
I have a primary node(gretel) and a backup node(greteld) and 2 real
servers (gretel3 and gretel4). I am running on lvs. When I go to
10.0.0.38, I am accessing the page on either gretel3 or gretel4, which
the gretel is doing the load-balancing, right?

When I turn off the network connection for gretel (both NIC), the backup
node (greteld) is take over the load balancing job from gretel, right?

But, when I plugged it back the 2 NIC to the gretel, the primary node
(gretel) didn't become active. Indeed, I cannot access the page
10.0.0.38 anymore. Why is this happen? But, after I have restarted the
httpd, only I can access the page 10.0.0.38.

Pls advice. Thank you