Re: LVS - jobs?

To: "Avery (yi) Davison" <averyyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS - jobs?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: tc lewis <tcl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 04:53:20 -0500 (EST)
lvs has basically nothing to do with clustering in the sense of
distributing a process' cpu/memory utilization across a set of servers.
lvs works in a sense of load "balancing" instead on a networking level.
for example, distributing each http request to 1 of a set of real
servers.  in most situations the applications are unaware that they are
working as part of an lvs.

something like beowolf is more suited to distribute cpu utilization in
that sense of a "cluster".

does this help clear things up at all?

-tcl.