Re: Persistence without IP or cookies?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Persistence without IP or cookies?
From: iceam@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:06:05 GMT
>Well, what _does_ your application use to associate an
>incoming request with a specific client?

The problem that we have is trying to work out what to
use to identify our clients. Layer 7 switching is an,
using the http/1.1 'host' header, but this will be the same
for peaople behind a proxy server too. What could be
needed is some way to integrate LVS wlc for the first
client request and then apache to re-write url's after
thyat. Question is, is this possible and how would I go about doing it? Is it
possible to integrate this into LVS
somehow? I know it invlves layer 7 switching to some
extent, but I'm sure there must be a way around putting
the L7 switching into apache. An apache mod maybe. Would
make persistency easier to handle maybe? Well, ta for now...

Andy

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at
http://www.talk21.com