Re: Patching kernel

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Patching kernel
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 19:16:28 +0100
On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 01:05:51PM -0500, Avery (yi)  Davison wrote:
> I take it the -5.0 means that my kernel was already patched - but what
> with? I installed bare minimum using the install options (sorry, I'm kinda
> new to Linux).

If you used a kernel that was included with a distribution then
it is bound to be patched to some extent. Red Hat and others
patch their kernels with LVS. This means you can't patch them manually
without confilcts occuring..

> Re. 2.2.13 ipvs patch - thanks. Downloaded wrong one.
>
> Will try out the 2.2.17 kernel and try it out.

If you aren't happy with the version of LVS that your distribution kernel
has then grab a kernel from kernel.org and patches from
linuxvirtualserver.org and you should be ok.

--
Horms