Re: RE: more failover detail...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RE: more failover detail...
Cc: Steve Gonczi <Steve.Gonczi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:33:47 +0100
On 2000-12-12T09:29:48,
   Stephen Rowles <spr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> This would seem like the best approach for my particular problem. My
> compute cluster does not deal with a high connection rate, but with fewer
> long term connections. A best effort (possibly just UDP type packets)
> transmission of the connections to the failover director would probably be
> sufficient. The idea would be to lose as few connections as possible, I
> think that losing one or two connections in the event of a failure would be
> brilliant.

If your application can cope with losing one connection - which potentially
translates to a client being able with having to reconnect to the server - the
probability is high that you could cope with losing all connections and having
the client reconnect.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>
    Development HA

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl