News contrib to LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: News contrib to LVS
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 02:28:24 +0100
Hi,

I have just publish a little contribution to LVS after negociation with my employer. The solution described in the contrib homepage is used in a production environnement.

The projet is named : Keepalived

The main goal of the keepalived project is to add a strong & robust keepalive facility to the Linux Virtual Server project. This project is similar to the MON project, but it is in C with multilayer TCP/IP stack checks. Keepalived implements a framework based on three family checks : Layer3, Layer4 & Layer5. This framework gives the daemon the ability of checking a LVS server pool states.When one of the server of the LVS server pool is down, keepalived informs the linux kernel via a setsockopt call to remove this server entrie from the LVS topology.

the project homepage is : http://keepalived.sourceforge.net

Hope it will help,

Happy christmas and happy new year,

Alexandre Cassen