After failover, why VIP is left in primary server?

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: After failover, why VIP is left in primary server?
From: "Sachie Shinohara" <sshinohara@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:22:15 +0900
Hi, I need help.

I have an trouble with VIP.
I'm using linux-2.2.18 kernel, ipvs-1.0.2-2.2.18, and piranha-0.4.17-6.

In failover test, ethernet was weird.

I down the pulse deamon in primary Piranha server, then secondary
Piranha server started.
But, this thing happend.
Primary server had still VIP(eth0:1, eth1:1), and secondary server had
same VIP addresses as primary had. In this situation I could ping to
both IP, eth0:1&eth1:1, and even more virtual web server had been
working fine.

One thing I noticed was when stopping piranha, pulse was sending this
message. 'pulse[****] : running command "/sbin/ifconfig" "eth1:1" "up"'
and 'pulse[****] : running command "/sbin/ifconfig" "eth0:1" "up".'
I am sure this message ran on stopping piranha.

Is this thing normal? If so, I want to know why.

Please help me.

Sachie

World Business Center co.,Ltd
 Service Center   Technical group