Re: LVS on 2.4.0: config question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS on 2.4.0: config question
Cc: mailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:25:48 +1100
On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 03:26:51PM +0100, Mailing Manager wrote:
> Hi all,
>       i'm very unhappy when i made a question, in bad english, and nobody
> can help me...to solve a re-made the question! :)

Hi

I don't believe that the problem is that no one can help you. Nor that no
one is willing to help you. Put quite simply the description you give
doesn't have enough information to solve your problem.

> I have a kenrl 2.4.0.ac9 with th elittle change form ipv-0.2.1 and the
> compliation was ok.
> I can load the module and i have already a littel test script to make a test
> starting from port 9000 of my external ip directing the request to an
> internal web server at port 80.The masquerading rule is ok.
> The problem is that the lvs DOESN'T WORK, i know that is a problem of
> configuration, but i need only someone that ahve a right iptables rule to
> activate the LVS features!!!

I have not tested the exact kernel+ipvs combination that you have there but
I have tested 2.4.0-test11 + ipvs-0.1.2 with LVS NAT and it does work.  I
find it highly unlikley, though not improbable that the combination you
have is broken. I think it is much more likely that there is a
configuration problem.

With this in mind could you please elaborate on the specifics of the
configuration you are trying to create and the commands you used to achive
this. A description of what exactly isn't working will also help us to help
you. The output of the following commands may also be useful in tracking
down your problem.

ipvsadm -L -n

lsmod

Lastly. Please refrain from attacking members of this list who try and help
you. Much of the help given on this list is on a voulantary, non-paid basis
so please respect peoples "free" time accordingly.

--
Horms