Re: Kernel 2.4.0 and ipvs ...

To: Sebastien COUREAU <lifo@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel 2.4.0 and ipvs ...
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:47:45 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Sebastien COUREAU wrote:

> > No! May be! You didn't patched the kernel with the ksym patch.
> > The README file will help you.
>
> Yes the kernel had been correctly patched.
>
> > What is the message? What is the LVS version? I successfully load
> > ip_vs.o in Linux 2.4.0 but with the netfilter compiled as modules.
>
> LVS version 0.1.2
> Netfilter stuff is in the kernel, not in modules.
> The error is
>     rmmod ip_vs
>     rmmod: module ip_vs not loaded
>     make: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
>     insmod ip_vs.o
>     ip_vs.o: unresolved symbol buffermem_pages
>     ip_vs.o: unresolved symbol nr_free_pages
>     ip_vs.o: unresolved symbol page_cache_size
>     make: *** [install] Error 1
>

> And when try to launch ipvsadm:
>     Could not open the /proc/net/ip_vs file
>     Are you sure that IP Virtual Server is supported by the kernel?
>
> I've not seen anything in the kernel configuration relative to LVS.

        Rebuild the kernel again or make sure you executed this command:

cat <path-name>/linux-2.4.0_kernel_ksyms_c.diff | patch -p1

        Again, this patch adds into the kernel exactly the symbols
you search for. Something is wrong with your kernel build if you really
patched the kernel. This is the only patch you need to apply.

> --
> Lifo.

Regards

--