Re: Kernel 2.4.0 and ipvs ...

To: Sebastien COUREAU <lifo@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel 2.4.0 and ipvs ...
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:45:53 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Sebastien COUREAU wrote:

> > Rebuild the kernel again or make sure you executed this command:
> >
> > cat <path-name>/linux-2.4.0_kernel_ksyms_c.diff | patch -p1
>
> I've done it two times ( after unpacking the kernel archive)
> I've verified that the path is present (looking at kernel/ksyms.c)

        make dep clean bzImage modules modules_install
             ^^^

        may be you have to extract fresh source.

> > Again, this patch adds into the kernel exactly the symbols
> > you search for. Something is wrong with your kernel build if you really
> > patched the kernel. This is the only patch you need to apply.
>
> OK, if the patch is correctly applied, where, in the kernel config, have I
> to search for any LVS symbols ???

        No LVS symbols. You make the LVS 0.1.2 as modules. The kernel
does not know anything about LVS. You need only the netfilter support.

        I see (in ipvs/Makefile) that by default the LVS modules are
compiled with !SMP and CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y options. They must match
the kernel's ones. Try to alter this Makefile too:

-DMODVERSIONS -include /usr/src/linux/include/linux/modversions.h

        But I still think that there is a problem with the ksyms patch.
LVS uses many symbols from the kernel and they don't fail. Only the
symbols in the patch, so it seems it is not in bzImage.

        Next step is to show us how you make kernel :) Or may be there
is really a problem. Someone else with such problem?

> Lifo.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>