RE: Monitoring an SSL service

To: 'Joseph Mack' <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Monitoring an SSL service
Cc: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: mark doutre <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:38:58 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From:   Joseph Mack [SMTP:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx]
Sent:   24 January 2001 14:23
To:     mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc:     lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mark doutre wrote:

> Hi,
>         I've got a problem with a piranha installation but its sort of a
generic
> problem so maybe someone here can help...

have you tried the piranha list?

yep, no response. Anyway, I thought this might be a bit more generic
problem with SSL.

>         The installation is a RedHat 6.2 "out of the box" LVS setup. No
patches to
> kernel etc. Everything is running fine and I can support virtual IPs for
> both http and ftp. The problem is with https. The web servers are both
> running secure servers and I'm happy that I've got https configured
> correctly as I can connect to the servers directly if I run a browser on
> one of the LVS routers. I can also connect to the servers using oppenssl.

are you running VS-NAT, VS-DR? If the latter is your https on the
real-server
configured to listen to the VIP and not the RIP? (the VIP is what you need
for
VS-DR
see the HOWTO for https.)

I think the problem might be a bit lower down than this. However, to answer
the question I've tried combinations of both VS-NAT and VS-DR and with the
web server listening on the RIP, the VIP... Think I've exhausted all the
permutation. I know I can talk to the secure server using openssl and nanny
uses the same IP......

If its a piranha thing then I'll dump piranha and try something else. Its
just irritating :(