Re: RE: Monitoring an SSL service

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RE: Monitoring an SSL service
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:37:18 +0100
On 2001-01-24T15:38:58,
   mark doutre <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Joseph Mack [SMTP:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx]
> Sent: 24 January 2001 14:23

Please, Mark, try to use a more standard way of quoting, as I do in this
message. It makes it easier to read your mails.

> yep, no response. Anyway, I thought this might be a bit more generic
> problem with SSL.

It is not.

ldirectord will monitor https just fine, as will a simple connect() check.

> If its a piranha thing then I'll dump piranha and try something else. Its
> just irritating :(

Potentially it is. LVS has no concept of monitoring embedded into it, that is
handled by userspace tools.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl