Re: Layers?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Layers?
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 08:06:33 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Thomas Proell wrote:

> Hi!
>
> LVS runs on layer 4. When I do the setup with firewall marks,
> on which layer are those marks set? Layer 3?

tcpip doesn't map well onto the ISO 7 layer scheme. tcpip is a 4 layer
scheme (see the Stevens books) and is described in terms of the ISO model,
I think more for academic purposes than anything practical. If you are
coding then you need to think in terms of the tcpip layers.

I assume you are having a coding problem. Do you want to ask about that?

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx