Re: LVS with mark tracking

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS with mark tracking
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:59:08 +0100
Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Roberto Nibali wrote:
>
> > I've been doing this for 2 years now, I don't know what complex routing
> > you mean. Maybe I completely misunderstand you. Is it possible that you
> > have a setup where different clients comming from different CIPs are
> > requiring the same LVS-service template, they however come in on different
> > NIC's or is it that you have multiple LVS-service templates used to load-
> > balance different client server zone through different interfaces?
>
> Correct.
>
> All clients are connecting to the same LVS definitions (a bunch of them), but
> coming from different directions for which having a routing table would be
> quite
> complex.

Ok, I understand and I have to say that I've never set up such a
system. But how about using the DR-method? You'd have on single
DGW and would not have any issues with routing. Is this an option
for you? Well, your patch seems to work for you, so go for it, I'm
just wondering what the advantages of such a network design can be.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
mailto: `echo NrOatSz@xxxxxxxxx | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`