Re: configure.pl again...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: configure.pl again...
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 08:36:13 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Henning Schiel wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> by the way: I'm using configure.pl version 0.8. When I launch it with
> www, ftp and telnet, everything works except FTP: ipvsadm -L tells me
> that www is www, telnet is telnet and ftp is 0.

telnet and www are single port services. ftp is a two port service and
requires persistence. You can read about it in the HOWTO. look for ftp in
the section about Services and the section about Fwmark. Installing
persistent port 0 for ftp is new in configure-0.8 and has not been well
tested. It looked OK for the limited tests I did, but I haven't had time
to try to make it break yet.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx