Re: how to tell ip_vs version when don't have ipvsadm

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: how to tell ip_vs version when don't have ipvsadm
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:49:16 -0400
Julian Anastasov wrote:

> K="`uname -r | sed -n "s/^\(2\.2\).*/\1/p"`"
> if [ "$K" != "2.2" ]
> then
>         ln -sf ipvsadm.2.4 /sbin/ipvsadm
> else
>         ln -sf ipvsadm.2.2 /sbin/ipvsadm
> fi
>
>         May be there are many "right" methods :)

well OK, but I want make sure that I have the ipvsadm
version for each ip_vs. Sometimes you have 2 ip_vs releases
for a kernel version. I don't keep track of ipvsadm
versions but presumably they change version numbers
equally often.

So I don't need to know the kernel version. I need
the ip_vs version.

It would be nice if I'm running 0.2.8 I also have the
ipvsadm that came with 0.2.8 and if I reboot to 0.2.11
I automatically have the ipvsadm that came with it.
I would like not to have to keep track of all of this
manually.

This at least is one place I can find out the ip_vs
version.

> > "IP Virtual Server version 0.2.8 (size=4096)"

If I compile ipvsadm so that it comes out with the
name ipvsadm-$IP_VS_VERSION, then I can match
up ipvsadm and ip_vs