Re: Changing server weights

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bowie_Bailey@xxxxxxx, wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx, horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Changing server weights
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:47:45 -0400
Bowie Bailey wrote:

> I did this:
>    ipvsadm -a -t 172.16.17.30:80 -r 172.16.17.168:80 -g -w 0
>
> and it gave me an error:
>    setsockopt failed: File exists
>    Destination already exists

well what do you know. I've never done this. You can't change weights without
first deleting the entry.

I deleted an entry, reinstalled it with weight 0
and couldn't connect (as expected), then deleted the entry and reinstalled
with weight 1 and now could connect.

I can't beleive no-one has mentioned this before

Wensong, Horms,

Is this a new feature?
Could we arrange for ipvsadm to handle changing weights internally
so that it can be done in one step?