Re: Changing server weights

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Changing server weights
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 15:07:57 +0200
Joseph Mack wrote:

> Horms wrote:
>
> > I'm thinking that the best way to do this would be to merge the
> > behaviour of -a and -e (-A and -E) so that if either option is used a
> > new entry will be added if there is none, else the existing entry
> > will be edited.
>
> yes
>
> I guess to maintain backwards compatibility I guess we need to
> keep -e and have it do the same thing as -a. Otherwise we don't
> need -e anymore.

I need and depend upon it. We have to keep it. And it's logical too.
-a is add, -e is edit. Horms, I would change the ipvsadm -e. You
just test if setsockopt returns an error and if so, launch ipvsadm -a
or do mc->m_cmd = IP_MASQ_CMD_ADD_DEST ( :) something like that
should do it)

My logic says ipvsadm -e should implicitly call ipvsadm -a.

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
mailto: `echo NrOatSz@xxxxxxxxx | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`