Re: LVS ssh connection timeout

To: Alois Treindl <alois@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS ssh connection timeout
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 14:45:31 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Sat, 12 May 2001, Alois Treindl wrote:

> I have LVS-NAT configured so that ssh VIP connects me to
> one particular realserver.
>
> I like to keep this ssh connection permanent, to observe the cluster
> during its operation.
>
> I find that this ssh connection does timeout after while and dies,
> even without leaving logfile entried about the disconnect.
>
> Can this be fixed, without affecting the timeout values of other LVS
> services?
>
> I know, I can connect with ssh to the director, and from there
> with ssh or rlogin to the realserver, and the I am not affected by any
> timeout.
>
> I just wonder whether also the direct way would be possible.

        Currently, there are only global timeout values which are
not very useful for some boxes with mixed functions. The masquerading,
the LVS and its virtual services use same timeout values. The problem
is that these timeout values are too many.

        The solution would be to separate these timeouts, i.e. per
virtual service timeouts, separated from the masquerading. According
to the virtual service protocol it can serve the TCP EST and the UDP
timeout role. So this can be one value that will be specified
from the users. By this way the in->out ssh/telnet/whatever connections
can use their own timeout (1/10/100 days) and the external clients
will use the standard credit of 15 minutes. But may be it is too late
for 2.2 to change this model. Is one user specified timeout value enough?

> Alois

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>