Re: RH 7.1 iptables/ipvsadm?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, markm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RH 7.1 iptables/ipvsadm?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 14:33:31 -0400
Mark Miller wrote:

> I'm using RedHat 7.1 and haven't recompiled the kernel since by default it's
> supposed to have ipvsadm enabled as well as iptables - that's what I read
> somewhere anyway...I'm starting to have my doubts.

I don't know what's in RH7.1 either. Some people here will know, but if you
use the original kernel from ftp.kernel.org, then everyone on the list
will know what's in your kernel

> I'm using ipvs-0.2.12 to
> manage ipvsadm functions.  When I type ipvsadm I get:
>
> IP Virtual Server version 0.2.7 (size=65536)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>   -> RemoteAddress:Port             Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
>
> So I'm assuming this is working.

yes

> I have configured it as such for my
> primary load balancer...which I'm using for all my testing:
>
> IP Virtual Server version 0.2.7 (size=65536)
> Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
>   -> RemoteAddress:Port             Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
> TCP  xvfw:http rr
>   -> ws2:http                       Masq    1      0          0
>   -> ws1:http                       Masq    1      0          0
>
> This is not working.  I get InActConn's when I try to connect with the
> client but never an active.  When I do a ipvsadm -l c I see a SYN_REC which
> times out after 60 seconds.

is your default gw set for Masq? (read the HOWTO)

> I decided to make sure my NAT stuff was working outbound.  I used ipchains
> since iptables --list returns the following:

iptables and ipchains are incompatible. If you have ipchains in your kernel,
iptables won't load.