Re: Hot Spare config with LVS? - More Questions

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Hot Spare config with LVS? - More Questions
From: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 21:42:27 +0200
Hello Mark,

I've included my original post for easy reference to my current issues.
I've been able to get one LD up and running successfully but the backup is
not working.  I've used identical configs on each.  They are different
machines from different manufacturers - unfortunately however.

They both have the following installed:
RedHat 7.1
vanilla kernel 2.4.4
netfilter
ipvs 0.8
heartbeatd
keapalived

In the actual keepalived release the kernel 2.4 SNAT is not supported. I will be supported in he next release. When a realserver is down keepalived send o the kernel two thinks : 1. An ipvs cmd to remove he realserver from the server pool (same as ipvsadm) 2. An ipfw cmd to remove the realserver from he NAT table (same as ipchains). If you want more than one VIP on the same NIC you should add an ipalias to your NIC and add an iptable SNAT rule => This will be automaticaly done in the next keepalived release.

Best regards,

Alexandre