Re: about heartbeat

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: about heartbeat
From: Juri Haberland <list-linux.lvs.users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 09:01:08 +0000 (UTC)
carl.huang [?S???h] <carl.huang@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> when i compile heartbeat-0.4.9 in linux-2.4.1,
> error happens:
> "CLK_TCK" undeclared.
> But there's no error in linux-2.4.0.

That's a known problem. Search the archive of the linux-ha and linux-ha-dev
mailing lists at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-ha and
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-ha-dev for a solution.

> I read README, it says that the backup heartbeat will bring up the less-cost
> interface and can't configure an interface to be up when failover happens.

I don't understand this. Can you clarify it?

> If i use two interfaces in each load balancer: one to outside, one to
> inside. So when main load balancer down, can the standby  bring up the
> corresponding interfaces to work correctly?

Yes, heartbeat will do that. For more information you should subscribe to the
linux-ha mailing list at linux-ha-subscribe@xxxxxx

Greetings,
Juri

--