Re: strange issues..

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: strange issues..
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 07:23:47 -0400
Peter Mueller wrote:

> In an LVS-DR +  transparent proxy client setup,

Is the machine accepting packets by transparent proxy a 2.2.x or 2.4.x
machine? Director/real-server?

The behaviour of TP in 2.4 has been "improved". It should
have a different name (eg like with ipchains/iptables). The 2.4.x
transparent proxy still works with squids but won't work
for almost anything else now. See the HOWTO for the details.

You should be able to use fwmark to replace transparent
proxy in a 2.4 director (I haven't done it yet, but it's on my
list of things to test).