Re: bug?

To: Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: bug?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, reiserfs-list@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:19:02 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On 5 Jun 2001, Florin Andrei wrote:

> I'm running linux-2.4.4, with ReiserFS (except /boot, the rest of the
> - linux-2.4.4-ipvs-0.8.0
>
> The .config file for the kernel is attached.

        CONFIG_IP_VS_TAB_BITS=15 can't cause problems with the vmalloc
usage in LVS. The problem is at another place. Try to upgrade at least
to 2.4.5. I see fixes in vmalloc there.

> Now, while booting the new kernel for the first time, i got a "kernel
> BUG" error:
>
> ###################################
> NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
> kernel BUG at vmalloc.c:237!
> invalid operand: 0000
> ... [lots of stuff]
> ###################################

        The usage is before LVS but in the networking, I don't see
something like this in your output:

NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP
TCP: Hash tables configured (ehash 524288 bhash 65536)
IPVS: Connection hash table configured ...

        It is somewhere before IP Protocols ... but they don't use
vmalloc.

> After rebuilding the kernel again, but without the ReiserFS knfsd patch,
> and without NFS server support, but keeping all the other options in
> place, everything was fine, and the machine booted up OK.
>
> --
> Florin Andrei

Regards

--