Re: Apache/Tomcat/proxy

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Apache/Tomcat/proxy
From: Joerg Beyer <job@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:05:55 +0200
Billy Quinn wrote:

> All,
>
> What I'm concluding is , that I'll need to change the network architecture (
> since we are all on one subnet ) , or buy a load balancer which will look at
> the actual data in the packets ( layer 7 ? ) .

has anybody implemented a balancer that works on a layer above TCP (e.g.
HTTP)
that does _not_ do NAT? i.e. that has not all packets on there way back
(to the
client) through the balancer?

The nice thing about it of course is the performance. NAT is a potential
bottleneck.

I would be very interested. The only vague pointer to something like
this is to
the mosix project. They say, that they are working on a "migratable
socket". I
could not even find, how would they intend to implement it. Any
pointer/idea/clue would
be nice.

        Joerg

--