Re: hash table size [Was Re: lvs not workimg :(

To: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: hash table size [Was Re: lvs not workimg :(
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:06:30 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Joseph Mack wrote:

> Julian Anastasov wrote:
>

> > For 17 bits:
> >
> > 2^17=131072 => 1MB for empty hash table
> >
> >         131072*16=2097152 entries=256MB for connections
>

> what happens after the table fills up? Does ipvs handle new connect

        The table has fixed number of rows and unlimited number of
columns (d-lists where the connection structures are enqueued). When
the connections are allocated their number depends on the free memory.

> requests gracefully (ie drops them and doesn't crash)? I understand

        drop, no memory to allocate connection structure, expect
crashes may be at another place (usually user space) :)

> from a previous posting that the memory allocated is not swapable.
>
> Joe
>
> --
> Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, Lockheed Martin
> contractor to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
> mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>