Re: Firewall marks and Scheduling Algorithms

To: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Firewall marks and Scheduling Algorithms
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Chris Egolf <cegolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:34:28 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Joseph Mack wrote:

> Chris Egolf wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
>
> services grouped by a fwmark will be scheduled independantly of
> services grouped by another fwmark.
>
> I take it that you can't use one fwmark which handles both of your current
> groups?

I'm trying to handle requests differently depending on the network they
come from.  If it's coming from the internal network, I want to handle
persistence per client, but if they're coming from the outside, I want to
apply a netmask w/ persistence to deal w/ the proxy farm issue.

The problem I'm seeing is that since I'm using a netmask w/ persistence,
one of the servers gets a lot of connections, but when the internal
traffic is being scheduled, those connections aren't included in
calculating the next server.

I'm really interested in seeing if cookie-based sessions can be handled by
the ktcpvs project and/or the recent 'ruptime' load ideas can be used to
dynamically adjust the weights of the real servers.

Chris