Re: Firewall marks and Scheduling Algorithms

To: Chris Egolf <cegolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Firewall marks and Scheduling Algorithms
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 16:12:13 -0400
Chris Egolf wrote:

> > I take it that you can't use one fwmark which handles both of your current
> > groups?
> >
> I'm trying to handle requests differently depending on the network they
> come from.  If it's coming from the internal network, I want to handle
> persistence per client, but if they're coming from the outside, I want to
> apply a netmask w/ persistence to deal w/ the proxy farm issue.

If the two groups of packets are coming from two different MAC addresses
then you (should be able to - I haven't done it) use the -sh scheduler
and have one fwmark group. The docs are a little thin on the matter, I'm
afraid and I haven't heard of anyone using it besides the author (and
Wensong presumably who would have checked it out).