RE: Unusual LVS setup

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Unusual LVS setup
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:40:36 -0700
> 4.    Anything else
>
> Is there a better way of doing this?  Is there something that
> I haven't
> accounted for here?  I am planning on adding more realservers as time
> progresses.  I am also planning on making other services
> accessible, but
> not load-balanced, ie all FTP requests would go to realserver1.  Is
> expansion going to be a problem the way I've planned it?
>
> Thanks for your patience, and your comments.  This is my first LVS, so
> I'd appreciate any advice.
>
> James Northcott

James,

I don't have time to go over your full config right now.  I do have
something for your 'anything else' section..  are you planning on doing HA
with this setup?  If so I recommend setting this up before you go
production.  (Get the setup working on one server in QA/stage, then upgrade
to HA).

good luck.

Peter