Re: debug / logging?

To: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: debug / logging?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:28:29 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Horms wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 05:27:52PM -0700, Peter Mueller wrote:
> > hi gang,
> >
> > I'm looking for a way to track connections in a log file.  ie, originating
> > IP and destination server.  is there a way to do this in ldirectord?
>
> No, ldirectord has no knowledge of connections.
>

> To get the information you need you will need to have the LVS kernel
> code report this to user space. I believe this can be done by turning
> debugging on, but you will get a lot of other information too.
>
> Perhaps we should implement some logging options in LVS. Possibly
> something that can be configured via ipvsadm as per logging
> in netfilter.
>
> Wensong, Julian, anyone else, any thoughts?

- ability to log other things (non-LVS traffic) at the same time

        May be the Netfilter gurus already have libs implemented for
talking with the kernel. May be LVS can return NF_QUEUE or to set nfmark
per-service (not good for QoS), my first thoughts. May be someone
interested can start to think/work on this issue, it is not in my area :)
What is known at the moment is that the people usually log in the
real servers. As for the director there are already stats implemented.

> --
> Horms

Regards

--