balancing issues & balancing over multiple sites

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: balancing issues & balancing over multiple sites
From: Josh Marcus <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 14:28:25 -0400
Hello--

I'm using LVS to serve a few thousand domains, but I can't quite
figure out how to get the behavior I need.  Here are my two
problems:

1) No matter what the weights, lvs (under wlc) always seems to
   send packets along to the first realserver (as listed in ipvsadm).

This is a serious problem for me, because ...

2) I don't see how I can setup LVS to load balance all of the domains
   as if they were all a single ip.  In my ideal world, I would have a
   single entry *:80 that would forward all of our ips at port 80 to
   our set of realservers, and load balance all requests coming in.  The
   way LVS is working for us now, the vast majority of all of our requests
   are going to the server that is for some reason being listed first.
   Only sites with heavy traffic get pushed along to the other servers.

Any advice?  We're running version 0.9.12 -- the kernel module might be 0.9.15.
--j