Re: LVS and Iptables

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS and Iptables
From: devendra orion <dev_orion@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:55:03 -0700 (PDT)
--- Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> devendra orion wrote:
>
> >  I am trying to achieve following things:
> >
> > 1. Our application is able to send mail through
> > loadbalancer.
>
> can be done, depending on what you mean by your
> application
> "sending mail" through the load balancer.

Our mail server is outside the load balancer and app
server network and is running with real IP. The
application is suppose to send email out if user is
registered or subscribe to our application. The
application is developed in VB and running on NT 4.0.
It uses a message library to send the mail in which we
just define our mail server FQDN or IP.

> > 2. Basic firewall security without interfering
> with
> > Loadbalancer functionality.
>
> yes, they are independant

In order to enable above mail forwarding feature, do i
need to use IPtables. If yes, then how? Please bear
with me here.
Thanks