LVS and Iptables

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS and Iptables
From: devendra orion <dev_orion@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:36:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hi!
 I need help to setup my loadbalancer and firewall in
one box. I am running kernel 2.4.5 with ipvs and
netfilter module. The loadbalancer is not used in
cluster mode (as this is my first time. one step at a
time..). The loadbaalcer box has interface eth1
configured with actual IP and 4 additional virtual IP
and eth0 with internal IP 192.168.96.38. We have 4
websites hosted with one website hosted in 3 real
servers. This loadbalacer cluster and realsevers are
separate from our other public servers (DNS and
mail).Without any firewall configuration it is working
fine.
 I am trying to achieve following things:

1. Our application is able to send mail through
loadbalancer.

2. Basic firewall security without interfering with
Loadbalancer functionality.

  Please do help me !

Thank you
Dev Orion