Re: LVS Timeouts

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kodland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS Timeouts
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 07:25:53 -0400
Kris Odland wrote:

> > > We are seeing a problem if you have your email client set up to copy
> > > sent messages to a "Sent" folder on the imap server.  The client opens
> > > a seperate connection to the imap server for the sent folder.
> >
> > Is this to the same VIP:port as the first connection?
> >
> > If it's different, you could be connecting to a different realserver
> > than for the first imap connection. Is this a problem?

hmm, what I'm trying to find out is if your imap setup requires multiple ports
and if your LVS is setup for those ports. If you don't know the ports involved,
can you watch a client/server pair (no LVS) with netstat on both ends
(or tcpdump which is probably overkill here) while you're getting mail from
the server and while you're doing a send.