firewall for lvs question

To: lvs <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: firewall for lvs question
From: lco <lco@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Oct 2001 17:35:17 -0700
I've set up lvs-nat for a little while now and my ultimate goal is to be
able to loadbalance web servers as they host multiple sites. I also
needed the lvs to work as a firewall so that i wouldn't have to install
or configure additional hardware/software for a firewall.

So far, I've gotten the lvs-nat and web servers behind them working
properly. But as I'm setting up the firewall (iptables), I noticed that
iptables wont let me add ip alias (if someone out there knows about this
issue, please address). How then can I set up the lvs director machine
to hold multiple ip addresses to serve multiple sites behind it?

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

lc