Re: IPVS sync daemon

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IPVS sync daemon
From: Fabrice <fabrice@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 20:07:11 +0200
Hello,

I tried it too with LVS-NAT, with 2 directors.
I have a master and a "backup" which are
using IPVS-Sync to synchronise the connections
tables. Linux 2.4.10, IPVS 0.9.4

I effectively see the udp synchronization packets
going from master to the backup server. That
brings me to the first question:

1) Is there a way to see the connections informations
that are received by the backup IPVS?

UDP packets are only generated to signal a new
connection, so

2) How does IPVS take care about the Sequence
Numbers when you have to fail over?

3) Are the master/backup role swapped automatically
after a fail over (if you have set "nice_fallback")?

4) What is /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/sync_threshold good for?

Thanks a lot for your answers,

Fabrice