Failed Patches and Proxy Servers

To: "Lvs" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Failed Patches and Proxy Servers
From: "Bill Hatter" <bhatter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:42:24 -0500
Hi all,

I have tried to apply Julian's Forward_Shared patches on my LoadBalancer,
but keep it keeps failing with:

patching file `linux/include/linux/inetdevice.h'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 18.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 57.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to
linux/include/linux/inetdevice.h.rej
patching file `linux/include/linux/sysctl.h'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 325.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to linux/include/linux/sysctl.h.rej
patching file `linux/net/ipv4/devinet.c'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1016.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1061.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to linux/net/ipv4/devinet.c.rej
patching file `linux/include/net/ip_fib.h'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 203.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to linux/include/net/ip_fib.h.rej
patching file `linux/net/ipv4/fib_frontend.c'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 204.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 227.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 236.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 262.
4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to
linux/net/ipv4/fib_frontend.c.rej
patching file `linux/net/ipv4/route.c'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1206.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1367.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 1394.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 1478.
4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to linux/net/ipv4/route.c.rej
patching file `linux/Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1561.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to
linux/Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt.rej
patching file `linux/Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 347.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to
linux/Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt.rej
[09:30:41] [root@loadbalancer:/usr/src]# patch -p0 < patch1.diff
patching file `linux/include/net/ip_fib.h'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 203.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to linux/include/net/ip_fib.h.rej
patching file `linux/net/ipv4/fib_frontend.c'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 204.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 234.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 246.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 260.
4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to
linux/net/ipv4/fib_frontend.c.rej
patching file `linux/net/ipv4/route.c'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1206.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1367.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 1394.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 1478.
4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to linux/net/ipv4/route.c.rej

and

[...]

I have checked, and I do have these files in my source, and the kernel
version is a match (2.4.5)

Has anyone else had these problems?

The reason why is that I am having a problem with proxy servers trying to
access our web site. If anyone has dealt with this before, and has a
solution other than using the director as the default gateway I'd love to
hear it.

Thanks,

Bill Hatter