Re: Primary / Secondary Load Balancer problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Primary / Secondary Load Balancer problem
From: "'Bryce'" <bryce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:57:44 -0500
Humm first off, wrong list, please use piranha-list@xxxxxxxxxx before 100's of
zealots/extreme puritians in this list bite you.

Secondly what your asking about is failover methadology specifically 'step down
step up' It is possible to achieve this with the current sw (0.6.0-12) through
a bit of trickery with monitoring scripts. Basically the secondary node would
be given a slightly modified monitoring script to report failure of the current
node if an additional test, added to check availability of the primary node,
spotted that the primary node was available for use again. It's not difficult
to setup and I can give you a hand if you need.

Phil
=--=