Re: UCD-SNMP Module for lvs

To: Romeo Benzoni <rb@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: UCD-SNMP Module for lvs
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:26:43 +0100
Hello Romeo,

>> Ok, so we need a #define for this or people on a alpha will not be
>> happy.
>>

> to include <sys/param.h> and appropriate arithmetics using "HZ"
> would be the most portable implementation I guess.

Fair enough. Would asm/param.h be enough?

> yes I will but I'm busy atleast until start / mid of february :-)

Maybe we could sit together once and talk about it some day?

> But if somebody has spare time and feel like to do that I won't be
> angry.

Noone seems to have time but I think to module needs to be maintained
somehow.

> I had some weired thougths in my mind about a "one-stop-SNMP-shop"
> for lvs and keepalived (first of all the vrrpd2) which provide
> together a good HA / LB setup.

Do you think you can merge those in an appropriate way?

> The interesting part ist that vrrpd2 which is defined in RFC 2338,
> has also defined an MIB in RFC 2787 (
> ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2787.txt ). I think that could be a
> very interesting combination.

But then, if I understand you correctly, you cannot extend that rfc2787
MIB. It's defined in a fixed way. Or what exactly is your intention?

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz