Re: UCD-SNMP Module for lvs

To: ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: UCD-SNMP Module for lvs
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Romeo Benzoni <rb@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:39:45 +0100
Hi Roberto

>  >> Ok, so we need a #define for this or people on a alpha will not be
>  >> happy.
>  >>
>  >
>  > to include <sys/param.h> and appropriate arithmetics using "HZ"
>  > would be the most portable implementation I guess.
>
> Fair enough. Would asm/param.h be enough?

Ack.

> Maybe we could sit together once and talk about it some day?

Yes. When I remember correct you live in Zurich Chreis 5 (at the end of
the lvs presentation there where discussiona about ADSL providers
and you mentioned to live in Zurich 5)
I live in Zurich Wipkingen so it's several minutes by bike. I suggest to
meet in a bar and discuss this while having a beer.

> Noone seems to have time but I think to module needs to be maintained
> somehow.

Ack.

>  > I had some weired thougths in my mind about a "one-stop-SNMP-shop"
>  > for lvs and keepalived (first of all the vrrpd2) which provide
>  > together a good HA / LB setup.
>
> Do you think you can merge those in an appropriate way?

Sorry the "one-stop-shop" was misleading. I don't want it to be merged.
From my point of view they should be independent modules and MIBs
I just meant that to have an snmp implementation for both would be more
valuable than just the one for lvs.

>  > The interesting part ist that vrrpd2 which is defined in RFC 2338,
>  > has also defined an MIB in RFC 2787 (
>  > ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2787.txt ). I think that could be a
>  > very interesting combination.
>
> But then, if I understand you correctly, you cannot extend that rfc2787
> MIB. It's defined in a fixed way. Or what exactly is your intention?

I know you can't change an RFC (not even spelling mistakes).
I just meant, that while designing the definitiv MIB for the lvs part
taking care of that the two MIBs would be consistent in structure and
naming
conventions etc.

cu

romeo