Re: persistant connection benchmarking software

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: persistant connection benchmarking software
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:20:31 +0100
Hi,

Paul Lantinga wrote:
 > I know this thread is old, but I've just found hammerhead 2 :
 > http://hammerhead.sourceforge.net/
 >
 > I haven't tried it, but it looks like a good tool for stress-testing a
 > LVS cluster. It has the ability to simulate several client, unproper
 > session termination, ...
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 >       Jacques.

As much as I hate microsoft products, I've been using microsoft's free webstress tool. Not much in terms of simulating broken/mangled sessions though - time to check out hammerhead.

http://homer.rte.microsoft.com/ will take  you to the ms webstress tool.

Ugh! Nothing against Microsoft on my side, but this tool is a shame and should be banned from the Internet. A company with such a lot of man power should be able to provide a tool that is at least equivalent with the _working_ functionality of a simplistic tool like ab (apache benchmark). The "Known Issues" part is not funny anymore ...

Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Best regards still,
Roberto Nibali, ratz