Re: Documentation of arp problem in 2.4.18 kernel

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Documentation of arp problem in 2.4.18 kernel
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 13:31:44 -0500
> Arisi Pablo wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a small LVS-DR environment and realize the same arp problem.(as Paul
> Dixon).
>
> I read the howto and put a second interface(offline, not conected to the
> switch) in all Linux Real Servers(RH 7.2), and configure
> the VIP on that int. as loopback.

it turns out that this only works for 2.0.x kernels. I got it to work for 2.2.x
kernels,
but according to Julian it's not supposed to work there. It doesn't work for
2.4.x kernels.
I'll be updating the HOWTO sometime.

Current practice is to use Julian's hidden method.

For LVS-Tun, you can use Lars method which uses the router to block packets
to the VIP on networks to the realservers.